The Color Run 2015

It has been a while since I posted.  Here is what has been going on in my world.  Although I am not working out consistently, my weight is fairly consistent.  However, Lent will end this weekend, and my eating habits will go back to normal.  I cannot wait to have a Blue Moon.


I ran my first 5K.  In years passed I have always walked in a group, this was my first time running one.  I was so nervous. I have not been running on a regular basis.  I have run outside only a couple of a times in the last two months.  My sinuses and I are battling with the pollen outside.  But, I did it! I ran the entire course.  It was fun, but the hills were killer! Oh my goodness, they didn't disappoint me.  The course was beautiful, downtown historic Columbia.  I did The Color Run, and this year was the Shine Tour.  So they didn't only throw the color packets, they also threw glitter.  Glitter is like my kryptonite.  Want to get rid of me, bust out the glitter. It is the worst.  Pretty, but it really sucks.  This time next year, I am going to find a piece of silver glitter and wonder where in the hell it came from. I am going to see a piece on my fiance and wonder, where the hell it came from and should I be concerned? But I digress.


At each color check point, I covered my face and nose, but I still got the remnants of it just after.  I tried to keep my nasal passage clear, but it obviously didn't work.  I got the beginnings of a sinus infection, but combatted it with saline solution and Claritin D. I have lost my voice, sounded like I have smoked since I was two, and coughed until my sides were sore. I am almost back to 100%. Would I do it again, yes!


My next 5K is April 11th.  I hope I will be in better shape by then.  My work load is out of control right now, and it has really intruded on my schedule.  I am paying for a gym membership I do not use.  So I need to make a change - some way some how.


I just found out this week that my family reunion is no longer in Asheville, and that the cost went up to $75/person.  That's outrageous.  I am trying to decide when we should visit Asheville as a family.  Maybe December.  That would be nice.


I have tomorrow off, I wonder what we will get into... hmmmm
























Comments