Salut 2016!!

I promised something new in 2016, and here we go! Last year, my blog was more about me. I needed to find my voice again, and I think I did. Let’s be very clear, I am not a big fan of sharing, but I am a great listener. That would explain why I am constantly liking your pics and posts, but never actually posting anything myself.

This idea for the new format was derived from a podcast that I recently started listening to called The Working Motherhood.  I just wanted to know the secret of all the moms that seem to have it together. I feel overwhelmed (with 1 child), but it seems like all if my friends have it together. Dr. Portia Jackson interviews working mothers that are exceptionally successful. Here is what I learned, there is no secret. I have heard this all before, but it is reassuring and refreshing to hear it from other mothers. (Side note: It's a great podcast! I am going to keep this high on my list of recommendations, and the resources sited alone are worth a listen. Download the podcast and listen on your commute).

This podcast, and its format, has given me the desire to showcase some of the great things the women I know are doing. I know some amazing women, doing some amazing things - my friends, sorority sisters, family members, church members, etc.! You guys know some amazing people too, let’s get connected. You might find more women that you have things in common with, and find out something that could help you along your journey. So to that end, I am starting a new series called Everyday Super Women.


I will be the first interviewee to show the format of the interviews. Future interviews will be a bit more informative, but fun. I know that convenience is important, so they will not be too long. I really think this will be a great platform to celebrate the Everyday Super Woman!! 

Comments

Post a Comment