My 2nd Visit to Project Victory Gardens, LLC

We visited Project Victory at the end of March 27, 2021. I feel really bad saying that it’s been more than 2 years since we last visited. I feel ecstatic saying that what they have done over the past 2 years blows my mind. My brain literally could not process everything while I was there, I was still processing what I had seen and heard after I had gotten back home.

The owners and operators of Project Victory Gardens, LLC are near and dear to our hearts. They are Matthew and Kara Rutter. They are family. My mom and Matt's dad were married back in the day. Once family, always family. They always welcome us with open arms and they are truly some of the most giving people I have ever encountered in my life. Cacy was in their wedding a few years ago. I might be a bit biased, but she was the cutest darn flower girl quite frankly that I have ever seen. 

Once we got there the first change we noticed is that they have added an electric fence to the property. We were there visiting family and the farm, but not in an official capacity, therefore we let them know when we arrived so that we could be let on to the property. Second, there were two new dogs, along with Triton who was there before. They added Blue (aka Lady Blue) and Bobo. They are huge and beautiful Great Pyrenees. They painted the house a beautiful shade of gray. This was not a surprise, I had seen pictures, but none the less it was still a change they had made between our first and second visits.

There were chickens ('egg' chickens) roaming about the yard and a few nestled beneath a huge rose bush. The 'meat' chickens were in a different area. They added a chick coop next to the garage. Inside of the coop we saw baby chicks and ducklings. They added a pen between the house and the coop. There were quails inside of the pen. There was also a turkey roaming about. They have two breeds of pigs, and at the time of our visit they had 9 piglets including one runt. Super cute. Cacy went inside the pen with the goats, and the one male pig. Kara has such a gentle spirit, she got Cacy to go along with her.  Matt and Kara fenced the goat and pig pens themselves. This blew my mind!

Next, we went to see the pigs and goats. They have fainting goats with cute nautical names, well all except one. She is currently called Baby Girl because she hasn't been named yet.

Their huge property is right next to an Equestrian Club, so when you take a tour it is very likely that you will see horses. On the tour you will also see the fruit trees, marine system (the name I gave it) filled with a ton of little fish. Closer to this area you will see the 'meat' chickens mentioned earlier.

We left with lots of goodies. First of all, Kara and Matt found out that Cacy has a small rock collection, so they added to her rock collection (it more than doubled). Second we were able to take home fruits of their labor. We received 1 dozen fresh eggs, 2 bottles of smoked salt - Himalayan and Sea, spicy chicken rub, apple butter, apple blueberry jam, mozzarella cheese, bacon and a chicken. Everything was delicious.

We had an amazing visit. I made a promise to visit again... before 2 years passes.


























Comments