Silver Lining


We are currently in the midst of a pandemic sweeping across the world, hence the word pandemic. The COVID-19 or the corona virus, a highly contagious virus, is spreading at an alarming rate. However, this post is not about the pandemic, its symptoms, or the associated stats. In this post I plan on taking a look at the silver lining of this cloud.

My last post, “What’s in a Weekend” was started more than a month ago. I was beyond busy, exhausted and a tiny bit frustrated for lack of a better word. My schedule was jammed full of things to do and my time filled with checking stuff off my list. That post concentrated on a single weekend. Not our weekly tasks which include Monday morning prep, choir practice, gymnastics, karate, etc. I skimmed over a few things, like even though I have 4 personal calendars I still miss events and loved ones’ birthdays.

We have been looking for houses for two years now. During the first year, we were getting an idea of what we liked and wanted. We concentrated on getting our current house ready to sell. All the while we were saving money. During the second year… we did the same thing because we never finished our list to get the house on the market. We let a couple of houses slip through our grasps. This year we finally set a date to have everything done and the house on the market. That date came and went, but we reset to end of March. We had the photographer and our realtors here on Friday. The house should be on the market this Tuesday. When we set this date we had no idea that we would be hit with this pandemic, and no earthly idea of the affects. For the last two weeks I have been allowed to work from home off and on. We have a home school packet for little C. Therefore my days have been filled with balancing work and home schooling little C. This just means my days start earlier and end later than normal. Our evenings and nights are filled with house prepping. (This is why in our recent pictures and videos the house either has boxes or is kind of empty).

Here is where the silver lining comes into play. I have not had a chance to do anything I personally love in a very long time, this includes drawing, crafting, and even working out. We have not had a chance to have quality family time, play games, watch movies, etc. This weekend we danced, we drew, and under much poking, prodding, and persuading we started a Tik Tok account and created a couple of posts.  I was able to not only post the “What’s in a Weekend” draft finally, I updated the look of the blog and I stared a new post. This one! I started this right after church today. I haven’t worn makeup or jewelry in forever and my new uniform is yoga pants and a t-shirt. I hope to add working out back into my routine this week. I am making the most of this quarantine. I could use some true alone time, but I love this quality time I have been gifted with my family. It looks like we have at least another month to go. Who knows how I will feel when this all blows over. As long as my family comes out alive and unscathed, I have no doubt I will be extremely happy.








Comments