Everyday Super woman Spotlight: Canita

     


As I promised in my first blog of 2016, here is my "interview" to kick off my Everyday Super Woman series.  I do not consider myself a super woman, but this will help lay the ground work for what's to come.  I cannot wait to start interviewing you ladies.

Real Housewife tagline
If you only knew what was going on in my head, you would probably laugh.

Who are you?
A mom, wife, perfectionist, bit of an artist, complete dork, and of course a woman of faith. I love to read, sing, and travel. I would totally work a second job to support my travel habit. I am a die-hard Carolina Panthers fan, and so is my 2 year old.  I like to bake, I like doing crafts, and as you may be able to tell from my pictures, I like being active.

Success Formula
I go in with my head down and soak up all the knowledge I can, because it’s how you grow! I continue to grow my knowledge base and then shoot for the stars. You may not reach the top, but you will get farther than you would have if you hadn't tried so hard. I always keep an open mind, and I definitely keep my ears open. I may not be able to use everything I hear, but there is no harm in listening. Let’s be honest, you never know what could happen in the future. Remember success shouldn't be “the pinnacle” - don't forget to celebrate along the way.

Surprise Everyone
I think I am going to add to my bucket list… Sing with a live band. I love to sing, but I am a little chicken – so not a great combination. I sing decent enough to not get booed, but I would still be at risk of peeing my pants on stage (très embarrassant).

Nonsense
For comic relief I listen to the Stephanie Plum bounty hunter series by Janet Evanovich. I like to listen because the readers, (she has used two so far) brings these characters alive. Full disclosure, my least favorite character is Stephanie, she frustrates me, the stories are unrealistic, and to me there is a little borderline racism. With all of that being said, I'm currently waiting for book 22 from the library, so it’s fair to say I am hooked. These books help me relax and they make me laugh to and from work, or while I am running. I am a fan of murder mysteries, I read a lot of them while listening to these books (I usually have at least two books going - regular and audio).  It's an easy series for multitasking. Of course, there is also the tantalizing Carlos Manoso, aka Ranger!

Dream Job
My dream job, pie in the sky scenario, I would love to be a Travel Journalist! Travel to different cities all over. Trying new restaurants, I fancy myself a foodie.  Taking pictures, drawing pictures, fill up my travel journal, living adventures!!!

Departing Words
At the end of the day, you have to be pleased with yourself - that's who you are with 24-7!

Follow Me:
All of my links are in the banner up top!

Comments

  1. Absolutely amazing sharing this! I love everything about it. As I read, it takes me back to childhood, watching you draw and cheer, and be so focused on being the best. That definitely drove me. I've watched you "Boss up" for so many years, and I'm so proud to be bloodline connected to someone who is much like myself.

    God bless this blog.

    Cheers!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment